Monday 13 October 2014

Monday Madness: YouTube makeup artists

Howdy, Lily here! As promised this weeks Monday madness is all about my favourite makeup artists from YouTube. All these artists are so amazing and part of the reason I decided to start doing theatrical makeup. So sit back and watch some truly amazing artwork!

Madeyewlook by Lex
Lex is a self-taught makeup artist and body painter who has been making amazing YouTube tutorials since 2011. She has done so many different designs and each one is unique to her channel, even the character based looks. She has to be one of my favourites because her work is so intricate and all her designs are original. I've probably been following her the longest and she is definitely one of the people that inspired me to start doing theatrical makeup. Not only is she an amazing artist she is also really funny, and she has done loads of work to help raise money for a cure for diabetes. I also really like her because she seems to enjoy Halloween just as much as me which rare. Sorry if there's some favoritism here, shes just so damn cool! I could have put so many videos on here because they're all sooo good, but here are 3 of my favourites:


'dope2111' - Promise Phan
Promise is an amazing makeup artist who not only does character makeup, but also celebrity transformations. she turns herself into loads of famous people all by using impressive makeup and shading techniques. Her transformations are so amazing because she somehow manages to look like so many different people without using any prosthetics at all. She also does really nice everyday makeup tutorials.

klaire de lys
Klaire's channel is all about the fusion of art and makeup, in face painting, body painting and nail art. Some of her best makeup looks for me are her original themed looks. She takes a concept and then comes up with a completely unique design. my favourite concept was her 7 deadly sins series where she did an inspired look for each deadly sin. Her work is even better because she makes all the accessories and concept details herself, and she shows you how to do it all in her blog.

pinkstylist
pinkstylist is a theatrical makeup artist who bases his looks mainly on the requests from his viewers. he takes on even the really complex looks that people request and shows you just how you can replicate it at home. What makes his looks even more fun is his regular omegle segment of his channel. He does some of his scariest makeup looks from popular horror films and stories, then he goes on omegle and films people reactions. Their reactions range from laughing to crying so they're all pretty funny to watch.

Emma Pickles
Emma pickles is one of the first youtubers I subscribed to and I have been following her channel for a while now and it's been cool to watch her do even harder makeup looks as she's gotten better and better. Her costume makeup is really good and she also has some really good fashion and hair tutorial videos. I am really excited to see what she does next with her most recent series 'He to She'. 

Hope this post was interesting and maybe even gave you some Halloween inspiration! You'll be seeing plenty more makeup looks from me, but now you've seen these mine will probably look like a pile of poop. Although I have only just started and I'm excited for when I can actually do it anywhere near as good as these guys!
Until next time, Lily x

No comments:

Post a Comment