Tuesday 13 January 2015

Today I'm Wearing - Day 12

Happy New Year everyone!! This month I have decided to do a whole month of posting my outfit everyday. This is a feature I've stolen from Vogue.com, where a cool and trendy it-girl is chosen every month to showcase a months worth of fabulous outfits! As I half run this blog, I can just choose myself (hurray for narcissism!) - I promise I will try to be as fabulous as possible.

Instead of clogging up the blog with loads of different posts I will just be adding to this one day by day until the month is over - that way they will all end up together. So, if you want to see me wearing some clothes everyday (and who doesn't?) be sure to keep checking back here!


Day 12

Jumper - Primark, Jeans - New Look and old Vans.

The star of the show - THE FOXY BACKPACK! (From Accessorize)

Off to the library again today - dem deadlines. As I left the house this morning I realised I was dressed a bit like a five year old but I could't be arsed to get changed. The fact that I looked absolutely tiny short in this picture probably doesn't help!

Day 11

Top - Charity Shop, Jeans - Topshop, Bag - Accessorize, Shoes - ASOS.

Just off to the library today to do some work so a fairly casual look. I haven't had a proper pair of jeans since Sixth Form when I bent over and ripped them all the way up the back and consequently drove home in shame, so I'm loving this nice Topshop pair.

Day 10

Jumper - Primark, Fluffy Thing - BikBok, Trousers - TK Maxx, Necklace - Topshop

Just chilling and writing esssays today and wide-leg trousers are the ultimate kings of chill, they are sooo comfy! These ones however, can end up being a bit too wide legged as when I run up the stairs in bare feet my toes sometimes get caught in the opposite trouser leg and I fall over. This means that to avoid this I have to do some sort of bow-legged, John Wayne like waddle whenever I'm going upstairs - ah well, they still look cool. 

Day 9

Jumper, Skirt and Belt - Charity Shop, Coat - eBay, Shoes - New Look.

Think I was feeling a bit Audrey Hepburn-esque when I got dressed this morning and I quite like the results. I would have shown the outfit without my coat but its BLOODY FREEZING at the moment so there was no chance of that happening!

Day 8

Dress - Missguided, Boots - New Look.

So today was moving back to Uni day, as demonstrated by my potted plant! For some reason I decided I needed a prop to signify that I was moving and weirdly this seemed like the perfect choice. Because its a succulent it only needs watering about once a month - my kind of plant!

Day 7

Dress - Topshop via Charity shop, Socks - Calvin Klein.

Thought everyone might be a bit sick of my face by now (I know I am!) so today I've chopped it off! After my brush with red carpet stardom earlier in the day I just wanted to be comfy this evening and this dress is about as comfy as it gets! Some of you may think the straight up and down silhouette makes me look like an overgrown toddler but I love it regardless. It is so soft and nice and perfect for when you really can't be arsed to wear tight or fitted clothing! My socks, which I got as a Christmas prezzie (Thanks Flo!), are also SOOO SOFT, it is like my feet are a pair of soft, velvety little mice. Squeak!

Day 6

Dress - Boohoo, Jumper - Charity Shop, Beret - Charity Shop, Lipstick - Revlon (Romantic).
Again, today I'm at home attempting to write essays. I think in some vein hope I thought perhaps if I dressed all preppy with a beret and everything, that I might be encouraged to be a bit more studious. So far it would seem I'm too busy staring out of windows but I'm hopeful for the rest of the day!

Day 5

Trousers: Topshop, Grey Top - H&M, Necklaces - both Topshop.

Little close up on my shiny bits.
Today I was just at home attempting to do uni work (and mostly failing) and instead reading and watching Midsommer Murders. This is often my go to casual outfit because it is so damn comfy! It honestly feels (and sort of looks) like you're wearing pajamas, which is a huge plus for me as I just loooooove pajamas.

Day 4

Coat - Vintage, Jeans - Topshop, T-shirt - Charity Shop, Boots  - New Look, Lipstick - Mac (Captive).

Attempting to rock some Brigitte Bardot style hair. The ribbon is from the Yorkshire Trading Company in Skipton.
 Today I spent travelling back from Leeds suitably hungover and then slobbing around watching TV and eating lots of food. This coat is the genuine article from the 60s handed down to me from my Grandma recently and is my current prized posession - expect to see it in plenty of the coming outfit posts!

Day 3

Playsuit - Missguided, Shoes - River Island, Belt - Charity Shop, Lipstick - Topshop (Wine Gum).

Here's what I wore for my friend Kate's 21st (Happy Birthday Katedog!!) in Leeds. It was an amazing night and I only fell over once - result! This Missguided playsuit was just for the ticket for a night out, of course apart from the fact that I had to untie and re-tie the halter-neck every time I needed the toilet.

Day 2

Grey top - H&M, Dress - Charity Shop, Furry thing - Bik Bok, Shoes - River Island, Bag - Accesorize, Hat - Topshop + Handmade Bobble.
Here I am ready to go off to the dentist - oh the glamorous life I lead! My green bobble hat originally had a matching green bobble but my friends dog ate it so I made myself a new one - I rather like it pink and green.

Day 1


Pajamas: Primark
When I decided to start this I also decided to be completely honest - in other words not getting all dressed up in a slick outfit just to take a picture and make myself look good. Hence why today you get the pleasure of seeing me in my festive Pjs! I've been at work all day and if I've been working I like nothing better than coming home and whacking my pajamas on straight away.
Hope everyone had a smashing time ringing in the new year - special mention to my friend Ruth who fell on some glass and cut her bum cheek open, here's to a speedy recovery (sorry was too funny not to mention).

No comments:

Post a Comment