Friday 7 November 2014

#OOTD Halloween Spooktacular

Daisy here and I'd like to start off by saying how very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY sorry we are for not having posted in almost two weeks! We've both been really busy with exams/uni work etc and the blog had to take a back seat for a while. Anyway WE'RE BACK now, you may all stop crying. Hopefully we'll get back into the swing of things and have a full host of posts for you starting next week.

For now I though I'd share a few of my antics from last weeks Halloween festivities - most importantly what I wore. I live for dressing up so naturally I love going out on Halloween and putting lots of effort into my costume. At university there are often days of fun surrounding Halloween as well as the big night itself which basically makes for a whole week of spooky stuff - amazing!! Here's what I got up to...


On the Tuesday before Halloween we all did a bit of that old Halloween staple - pumpkin carving - which was just as enjoyable as it was when I was little. Unfortunately this is the only picture I have from yesterday and they aren't doing so well...



Wednesday was the bar crawl - our main night out - and the grand reveal of my main costume. We wanted to do a group costume and ended up deciding on Batman villains (watch out for that classic Batman villain, Wolverine). From right to left we have me as Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Wolverine, The Joker and Poison Ivy.


We all made and put together our costumes ourselves, which is really one of my favourite parts of the whole thing. For my outfit I took a plain black catsuit from Ebay and sewed on red diamonds and white neck and hand ruffs to transform it into a sassy Harley outfit. To keep things cheap I got the red and white material by buying a pair of babies trousers and an XL t-shirt from a charity shop, coming in at a grand total of £2.50. I coloured my hair half red, half black with temporary hair spray, did some Harley Quinn style make-up, whacked on my platform knee boots and was good to go! 

I loved every second of strutting about in a catsuit feeling like a super-villain. I have to say this is one of the best costumes I have worn in terms of making me feel like a different person - now I know how cos-players get their kicks. As a group we attracted a fair bit of attention and got lots of lovely compliments on our outfits as well as lots of people wanting selfies with us - COSTUME SUCCESS! Anyway, here's some more pictures of my outfit and the rest of my fearsome ensemble...






The Joker and Harley looking a bit worse for wear later in the night.



On Halloween night we went out for a more standard night out and hadn't planned any proper costumes. In the end we decided to go for a decades theme, all of us hashing together an outfit to fit a different decade of the 20th Century. Here we are from left to right - me as the 20s then the 30s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (we clearly don't like the 40s).
















We all just gathered stuff together from our own wardrobes and it actually turned out alright. Again I really enjoyed wearing this costume - particularly dancing an attempted (and terrible) Charleston to Ke$ha's 'We R who we R' and pouting a lot. Plus, dressing like a flapper is a great excuse to to stay out all night, drink illegal moonshine and dance the night away - Gatsby would have been proud.



A Flapper and a Punk - classic combo.
Representin' the 20th Century.

There we have it- that was my Halloween in a nutshell! Watch out for more bloggy stuff coming your way very soon.

Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment