Monday 8 September 2014

Monday Madness - Body art (doodling)

Hey! it's Lily, this week it's my turn to do our regular Monday feature on something random that I enjoy. Todays feature is all about the body art I do (basically just drawing on myself). Because I am not yet old enough for a real tattoo, sigh, I just draw designs on myself using either tattoo pens or henna. I love to draw and have been interested in tattoos for a long time, so I am really looking forward to when I can actually make one of my designs permanent. 

Tattoo pens

 These pens are really good for drawing temporary designs on your skin, as they can last for a few days unless they are repeatedly washed which will fade them. Although they can print onto other parts of your body if you happen to sleep on them, which is why I end up with the design on my body multiple times (whoopsie). I switched from using henna to these after I purchased them from amazon, as they are much easier to use and come in a variety of colours.

Sauron



Eye of Sauron

These are my most recent drawings, of Sauron from The Lord Of the Rings. I am a huge Lord Of the Rings fan and thought these would make awesome tattoos. The eye of sauron drawing printed on my thigh, belly and other arm while I was asleep so I ended up having an extra 3 tattoos.




Bleeding rose
 This is one of my original designs from about a year ago, I got this idea from some funky skeleton hair clips I have. Plus skulls and roses are a recurring theme in my drawings as I cant draw much else from memory. I did this design on the top of my thigh, but I didn't do it high up enough for my skirt to cover it, so at school you could see it through my tights, but it looked like I had some sort of weird sore on my leg!
Day of the dead skull
This was the first drawing I did with my tattoo pens, As you can see it's my go-to skull and roses, but with a day of the dead theme. I like this one because it's more colourful than my usual drawings. I created all the highlights on these deigns using the eraser pen that comes in the pack, and i also used it to shade and blend the colours.

Roses


Vampire lips



Doodle sleeve


 These  4 drawings are all just small doodles I did when I got bored from time to time, I'd like to think my drawings have improved since I did these ones but I still like them just as much.

 Henna
Day of the dead pin up
zombie ariel
 These are some henna designs I did a few years ago (after I was banned from drawing on myself with ordinary pens). The henna is trickier to use than the pens but lasts longer (1-2 weeks), and I like the finish henna leaves on your skin. I hope to get back into using henna, and maybe try some more traditional henna styles because I think they look really pretty.


I'm going to try and do more body drawings because I really enjoy doing them, and they're a great way of seeing what a tattoo will look like before you get the real thing. I'll post any new designs I do                                                         to show you all the progress I make.                                          

We'll be back on Wednesday for another 'What would you wear if...'  
                            - Lily x                             

No comments:

Post a Comment